I know I just posted yesterday, but I wanted to (briefly, I promise) share some of my adventures today. It was my first day wandering the city solo, and I went east to Liverpool Street. It's just north of the Tower of London, and it's where many of London's high rise buildings are located (surprisingly, there really are few here), including 'the Gherkin,' the sixth tallest building in London. Found a jewel of a market called the Sunday UpMarket, with great vendors, interesting stuff, and much better prices than the more upscale nearby Spitalfields Market. Just up from the Sunday UpMarket is a food hall that looked and smelled
wonderful the minute you stepped in. Lots of international cuisine choices, and I had myself a tasty and filling chicken tandoori with rice. Each vendor had huge simmering dishes to choose from (see the photo below).
On three separate occasions today I was asked for directions. I can only assume that I must look approachable and/or like I know where I'm going. I wish both were true, but I had to tell people today that I barely knew where I was!
 |
| The 'Gherkin' |
 |
| Brick Lane, on which the Sunday UpMarket is located in an old brewery. Lots of people! |
 |
| This picture is primarily for Chad's benefit. They were really good! |
 |
| Huge amounts of tantalizing food |
No comments:
Post a Comment